As part of the Centennial Speaker Series - Open Wounds: A Century of Crimes against Humanity, Webster University Geneva will hold an international conference on the theme of genocide.
The conference will focus primarily, but not exclusively, on the four following general themes:
- Ideologies, intolerance and genocide
- Historical perspectives on genocide
- Prevention and punishment of genocide
- Justice, reconciliation and healing after genocide
Read the full program.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Dr. Jonathan Leader Maynard - Research Associate, Oxford University
- Dr. Francois Xavier Ngarambe - Ambassador of Rwanda to Switzerland, UN and International Organizations in Geneva
- Ambassador Istvan Lakatos - Deputy Head, Permanent Mission of the Council of Europe to the UN and International Organizations in Geneva
- Dr. Enzo Le Fevre Cervini - Director of Research, Budapest Center for the International Prevention of Genocide
- Mr. Hasan Hasanovic - Curator of the Memorial Center, Potocari/Srebrenica
- Mr. Philippe Kalfayan - Associate Researcher, Research Center for Human Rights, University of Paris II - Pantheon Assas
- Dr. Michel Veuthey - Vice-President of the International Institute of Humanitarian Law, San Remo, Italy
- Mr. Arndt Soret - CEO, Humanium
- Dr. Michel Gakuba - President, IBUKA
- Mr. Andrew Tkach - Documentary Producer
The conference is free and open to the public.
Online registration is now closed. You can still register on site.
Read the joint press release
Friday, December 4, 2015 at 9:00am
Webster University Geneva, LLC Commons Room
Route de Collex 9 1293 Bellevue, Switzerland