Asian Cuisine Cooking Contest(Social distancing style!)
Do you like to cook? Do you have an interest in any of the many cuisines of Asia (i.e. anything from the continent; East Asian, Middle Easters, Indian, Central Asian, etc.)? Take a few photos next time you're in the kitchen and enter our Asian Cuisine Cooking Contest! Entry is easy—post your photos on Instagram and tag us at @ciwebsteru.
Here is a more detailed list of instructions, which can also be found on our flyer:
1. Find an Asian recipe (i.e. something traditionally eaten somewhere on the continent of Asia). Make it.
2. Take at least 3 photos: one of you making it, one of the final dish and you, one of the final dish up close.
3. Enjoy your meal!
4. Post your photos on Instagram and tag @ciwebsteru. Mention the name of the dish and the country of origin. (And your name, if not clear from your account name)
5. Vote! “Like” a post to cast a vote for it. You may vote for more than one entry, but not more than once per entry.
6. Deadline: Oct. 31, 2020. Winners will be announced on Instagram on Nov.4, 2020.
7. There will be 4 winners selected by the popular vote and an expert judge. Winners will be treated to some traditional Chinese dishes from a local restaurant.
8. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is co-organized by the Webster University Confucius Institute, the WU Chinese Student Association and the Global Languages, Cultures and Societies department.
Everything happens on Instagram. Just upload your photos and tag @ciwebsteru. Follow ciwebsteru for periodic announcements, including the announcement of winners!
Thursday, October 29